CPS Advocate Panel application scheme
Update on the CPS Advocate Panel Scheme 2016-20 as at Friday 23 December 2016
September 2016 applications results announced
The application window to join the CPS Advocate Panel 2016-20 general crime list, as a permanent member at level 2, 3 or 4, or for existing members to upgrade their level closed on Fri 30/09/2016. The next application window will be in September 2017.
The vast majority of results for the September 2016 application window were sent via e-mail between Wed 21/12/2016 and Fri 23/12/2016. The updated Advocate Panel 2016-20 list is now published below.
Please note that applications to join the Panel at level 1, or to join the Rape List only, are accepted at any time during the year.
Any queries may be directed to the Advocate Panel mailbox: Advocate.Panels@cps.gsi.gov.uk; however, if your query is urgent and you wish to speak to a member of the team, please contact Mohammed Sheikh on 020 3357 0798.
CPS Advocate Panel 2016-2020: Documentation
This pack contains:
- Document 1: Introduction – this document
- Document 2: Details of the 2016 Panel scheme (updated 10 May 2016)
- Document 3: Application/upgrade process
- Document 4: Advocate Panel Members' Commitment
- Document 5: Description of levels
- Document 6: Level 1
- Document 7: Levels 2, 3 and 4
- 7 a) Selection Criteria for Levels 2, 3 and 4
- 7 b) Application Form for Levels 2, 3 and 4
- 7 c) Reference Form for Levels 2, 3 and 4
- Document 8: Rape and Child Sexual Abuse List ('the Rape List')
- Document 9: Equalities Monitoring Questionnaire
- Document 10: Assessment Process
- Document 11: Assessment Monitoring form
- Document 12: Explanatory Note to Referees
- Document 13: Details of the Appeals Process
- Document 14: Appeal Form
- Document 15: Upgrade Application Form
- Document 16: Temporary Membership Application Form
- Document 17: Panel Invitation Response Form
Any queries or questions in relation to the scheme should be submitted by email to Advocate.Panels@cps.gsi.gov.uk
CPS Advocate Panel Scheme
Advocate Panel lists
Advocate Panel 2016-20 List
This is a list of all members of the new CPS Advocate Panel 2016-20 list, who have either been invited to join without further application (in accordance with the published transitional criteria), and have accepted their invitation; or have applied successfully during the September 2016 application window i.e. this list has now been updated to reflect the results of the September 2016 intake.
The old CPS Advocate Panel 2012-16 list was due to remain in place until the end of 2016; and has now been retired. Members of the old list, who do not appear on the new list, may retain any CPS instructions already accepted, but may not accept any new CPS instructions until they secure a place on the new list (either by successfully appealing their September 2016 application result, or applying successfully during the September 2017 application window).